Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Official

I have sent in the money and have my name actually listed on the website...Hooray!
I'm boosting the training and had a meeting with some crew (my wife and sister). We are planning for crew training in Sacramento this week end and plotting to snare other innocents into a life of crew.
I seem to be cleared for "open" category of a recumbent trike and bike. The trike is for the long, slow climbs and high winds. We'll see how the plan works. Since this is my second attempt I'm trying to keep the logistics simpler, the cars smaller with more light and sound systems.
I have tried to explain why I do this. There really isn't any way to justify it to anyone who doesn't think doing hard things is its own reward.

1 comment:

Zyzzyx said...

A'right, another recumbent rider in RAW/RAAM!

Don't know if you frequent it, but if you mention this over at Bentrideronline.com, you'll be sure to get lots of enthusiastic support; folks there love seeing more recumbents in the ultra races.