Monday, January 11, 2010

NO ONE TALKED ME OUT OF IT

Two years after my first post I am looking seriously at riding RAW again. I have reconciled the possibility I will bonk again with the advantage of using the ride as a fund raiser for the Central Asia Institute. If that works, the farther I ride the more money I raise and I don't need to feel bad about not quite finishing.
The RAW this year is only 860 miles. In two years only two solo riders have finished. I think the organizers accepted the race was too long for the people who are signing up for it and shortened the race.
I may ride this race on trikes. The theory is that the trikes might be heavier with more drag, but there is no energy spent maintaining balance. That is the theory. I still like the recumbent bikes and I think I'll be happy whichever way I go. That's it for now.

C

No comments: