Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving, not pedalling

I spent a meterologically horrible Memorial Day week-end moving house. I didn't do any riding but I did do a lot of heavy lifting using my quads and my lower back (ouch). I did get some stationary bicycling done early in the week. Mostly this week has not been so much a taper as a plummet. Still, I feel great. My resting pulse has been at 50 all week. Apparently lifting furniture and boxes of books is not a cardiovascular work out.
Now the clothes are back in the drawers, the pictures are hung and long baths have been taken. No more reasons to not get out and do some toner upper rides this week. My new home is only two miles from work. The road is hilly and narrow so if I vary my pace I can go easy or get a brief intense work out. I think at this point easy is the recommended way to go. I'm SO disappointed.
Thirteen days out and I'm healthy, rested and living in the shadow of a growing terror. What else is ultramarathon racing about?

ChrisM

No comments: